02 Sep Essential Digital Skills for Project Professionals
Organisations across the globe are currently facing an unprecedented wave of change propelled by the globalised economy, an escalating war for talent, the rise of contract work, and the impact of disruptive technologies while staying ahead of competitors.
But it’s not only organisations that are being impacted by technological disruption – so are the roles of those who manage the projects within them.
In 2018, the PMI published a report which identified the essential digital skills that are most important for the evolving role of those who manage projects.
When we think of digital skills, we often think of highly technical skills such as coding or creating software. This however isn’t the case in the world of projects as building a truly digital skill set requires a blend of skills to enable success. These essential skills have been identified as follows:
- Data driven decision making through data analysis, analytics, and management
- Security and data protection
- Legal and regulatory compliance knowledge
- Online collaboration and leadership
- Knowledge management
In evolving with our ever-changing landscape and technological innovation, we’ve compiled an online resource list to help jump start you on your way toward developing a solid, futureproof skill set.
Data Driven Decision Making through Data Analysis, Analytics and Management
Security and Data Protection
- IBM Data Privacy for Information Architecture | Coursera (free)
- Privacy and Data Protection, Certified GDPR Compliance | Udemy (Investment required)
- Ultimate Privacy by Design Data Protection Course(GDPR,LGPD) | Udemy (Investment required)
Legal and Regulatory Compliance Knowledge
- Compliance Essentials | Compliance Institute SA (Investment required)
- PCI DSS Foundation Course | South Africa (Investment required)
- Compliance Training | Compliance Courses – South Africa (Investment required)
Online collaboration & Leadership Skills
- Leading Remote or Virtual Teams – A Quick Course | Udemy (Investment required)
- Collaborative Leadership (linkedin.com) (Investment required)
- Leading in a Remote Environment Professional Certificate | edX (Investment required)
- Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business | edX (free)
- Knowledge Management | Udemy (Investment required)
- Knowledge Management Masterclass | Udemy (Investment required)
Source: PMI – The Project Manager of the Future report (2018)