02 Feb Vital Things Your Future Self Will Thank You For
In an article initially written for Life Hack, Chris Ellis highlights habits and patterns of thinking you should adopt and start today, that your future self will thank you for. He highlights the importance of focusing on who we want to be in the future and setting out the steps needed to get there. We’ve lifted some of his steps below.
(To read the full article, go to http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/30-vital-things-your-future-self-will-thank-you-for.html)
- Agree to invest in yourself!
- Decide who you are.
- Live authentically and true to you.
- Define what you stand for.
- Envision what you’re working towards.
- Measure your growth against your own definition of success.
- Choose how you will react to things outside of your control.
- Celebrate milestones along the way to achieving goals.
- Always look forward (we can reflect on the past, but never change it).
- Never stop learning!
- Break larger goals down into smaller, palatable goals.
- Embrace positive change.
- Declutter and get organised.
- Don’t be afraid to disagree.
- Establish healthy habits.
- Look for inspiration in others who have achieved success.
- Prioritise what is important.
- Treat everyone with equal respect.
- Don’t focus on areas of disagreement, work towards compromise.
- Identify damaged relationships and work on repairing these.
- Look for opportunities to help others.
- Accept help from others.
- Invest time in staying in touch with your network.
- Understand that wherever you are or whatever happens, you can always start again.
Go to: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/30-vital-things-your-future-self-will-thank-you-for.html to read the full article.